Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 36 Or... The Best Laid Plans...

I had every intention of cooking baked potato cakes with mango-peach chutney today.

The Caribbean stew was such a success that I was excited about using the Moosewood cookbook again. Would it again be the blueprint for a yummy meal? When I woke up, I had every intention of cooking not one but two new recipes when I got home from work. However, today was again one of those days that left me feeling absolutely exhausted.

Teaching classes + office hours + an unexpected mini-crisis or two + a late afternoon committee meeting + Friday = zero ambition to cook a meal from scratch when I got home... no matter how good the recipe might be.

So, what's a vegetarian guy to do when he wants to come home and crash? What do you eat on the quick? Well, Isaiah made that simple. After throwing the idea of pizza out there as an option, he proceeded to yell, "Zza! Zza!" until the three of us finally returned from Little Casears with the cheese "zza" in hand. The "hot and ready" pizza certainly wasn't ready, not even close, but I was thankful for it anyway, despite the wait.

Still, at times like tonight, I wish there were more easy vegetarian options in restaurants in the small town of Williamsburg. Even I can get tired of pizza. Maybe I can swing a trip to the Sunspot in Knoxville in the next few days for some awesome vegetarian dining. That would be a nice change of pace...

I'll get to the potato cakes and chutney hopefully sometime before the weekend is through.

- What did I eat on Day 36?


Breakfast. I scarfed down half an apple. Delicious.

Lunch. For lunch Carolyn and I enjoyed the tasty simplicity that is leftover Rotel dip.

Dinner. Little Casesars cheese pizza. Did it taste fantastic? No. Did it add any variety to my diet? No. Was it convenient? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment